Live from Israel: HIAS’ Emergency Response
Nov 9, 2023
1:00 pm EST | 10:00 am PST | 8:00 pm IST
Within 24 hours of the October 7 terrorist attack in Israel, HIAS launched an emergency response to meet urgent needs of impacted people. One month later, the world is facing a humanitarian crisis in Gaza, hundreds of thousands are still displaced, rockets continue to fall, hostages are still being held captive, and violence and political tensions are rising in the region and around the world.
Join HIAS’ emergency response and Israeli leadership to learn more about how we are responding to the growing humanitarian needs of internally displaced Israelis, asylum seekers, and other vulnerable populations who are not afforded the same benefits as citizens.
- Sivan Carmel, HIAS Israel, Country Director
- James Orlando, HIAS Senior Director, Emergency and Human Programs
- Noah Gottschalk, HIAS Senior Director, International Jewish Community Relations
During the webinar, you will:
- Hear directly from HIAS staff on the ground about how we are helping to meet people’s basic needs, provide cash-based assistance, and ensure access to mental health services;
- Learn about the communities HIAS serves in Israel, including refugees and asylum seekers who have less access to government benefits and services;
- Discuss HIAS’ efforts to advocate for the safety, rights, and humanitarian needs of all people in the region;
- Ask questions and find out how you can support HIAS’ response in Israel.