Top Ways to Take Action for Asylum Seekers
With the end of Title 42 and the implementation of the Biden administration’s asylum ban, it is a critical time to stand up for the rights of asylum seekers, who are being denied access to safety at the U.S.-Mexico border. Here are actions you can take to help right now:
- Urge Congress to stand with asylum seekers and oppose legislation that would keep Title 42 in place.
- Contribute airline miles to Miles for Migrants to help reunite families separated by persecution and conflict.
- Sign up to volunteer as a lawyer with HIAS’ Pro Bono Legal Program.
- Join a social media action to show that your community stands for welcome: gather a group to take a short video in front of your city’s “Welcome to [INSERT CITY NAME]” and submit it to HIAS.
- Donate to support organizations at the border who are at the frontline of the response, including several key HIAS partners.
- Volunteer with border organizations such as Annunciation House and Jewish Family Service of San Diego.
If you are interested in deeper engagement with advocacy or direct service efforts at the border, please reach out to us at email@example.com.